Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Work Log: Wed, June 15

9:00
Arrived 8:25.
Working on web2py powers app.  What HTML helpers do i have?
10:00
App is done.  Of course, the next one will have to show a different idea.
Four lined up: First, show templating, then Security, then pretty layouts (based on default), then the DAL, if I dare approach it again.
Templating is just a bad idea.  It's unwise to show kids the WRONG way to write in a framework.
I'll skip to layouts -- Security must come after the DAL since it's database-driven.
Layouts, upon close inspection, are unavoidably too complex for beginners.
11:00
I'll write a simple example of templates.  Templates are best for operations that will be done once, such as working with a name... so I'll write a postbacking rig that greets someone.
However, there is some impenetrable error message, and the most simple app is not working.
12:00
App debugged.  For a piece de resistance, I'll learn how to set up SSL while Stavros figures out auth tables with the DAL, which he's already learning to use.
And, why not write a proxy, should I finish before Stavros?
1:00
Working on web2teach, another gctaa server.  It seems to need auth, or it won't run.
Either way, SSL is set up.  So, I'm going back to the book to see what other ideas I can put in the zoo.
2:00
Another addition to the zoo would be a blank-template app, which would get students into the web framework mindset.  What should it do?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home